Dental Emergencies and Visitors
Are you experiencing a dental emergency?
- Substantial Toothache
- Swollen or Sore Gums
- Jaw Pain
- Broken or cracked tooth (pain may or may not be present)
- Broken Fillings
- Lost Crown
If you feel you are having a dental emergency during our office hours, please call Wailea Dental Phone Number 808-875-8555 and we will do our best to get you in ASAP.
After Hour Emergencies:
For after hour* dental emergencies such as infection, pain, trauma or lost teeth, please call our emergency number: 808-463-4880
What to do if you lose a tooth:
For the loss of a permanent tooth that is still intact, rinse the tooth and put it back in the socket. If you can’t get the tooth back in the socket, place it in a container of milk, water or saliva to keep it moist. Do not touch the roots (handle the tooth by the crown) and don’t brush the tooth.
Contact us IMMEDIATELY for information and emergency treatment – the sooner you get to us, the more likely we can save your tooth!
If you can’t get into our office immediately, here is a list of effective home remedies to make you more comfortable while you wait for care:
- Warm water rinses for sore teeth and gums.
- Over the counter pain medication such as ibuprofen (NOT aspirin).
- Ice packs applied to the outside of cheeks.
- Avoid overly hot and cold beverages and foods to reduce sensitivity.
- Heating pads may be used for jaw pain.
- Avoid chewing in the injured area.
- If a broken tooth has a sharp edge, cotton can be placed over it to protect soft tissues in your mouth.
We are here to help. We urge you to call us at the first sign of a dental emergency!
*after hours fee will apply to non-patients of record
Call us at Wailea Dental Phone Number 808-875-8555 so we can assist you with your dental emergency